- My little cousin David flew in from Arizona for a little visit and my youngest sister's hs graduation. Took him out for some late night eats and just good ol' southern california hospitality.
- Got off of work early to celebrate the little brat's hs graduation. So I went to have Taco Mesa's Taco Tuesday with Sailor Hobson. All I have to say is GOOOD FREAKING CALL SKIPPER! Great tacos for $1 each. So good. Now, back to my sister's grad...SHE DID IT. SHE MADE IT. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?! Again, congrats to her :] Did the usual family-celebratory-dinner-at-a-buffet thing.
- Spent the day after work with the cousin. Took him out for some sushi at Full Moon, nom nom nom. Um... oh and went on a late night run with the STDR.
- Last day of work at Newport Heights CDC. It was a sad day. I had a real good group of coworkers and a great boss, you guys will be missed! Also, Thursday was a Goat Night. It was supposed to be Goat then.... back to Ethan's for power hour... but 5-6 pitchers in, Thursday was... just a Goat Night. Also, we had a good crowd out. Fro's friend's from LA came out and his buddy Josh came out. Good company, good times.
- Had a free Friday to enjoy. Slept in... planned to go spend a day at the beach at 10 ish... which then became noonish...which then became 1 ish... which then became after Ethan and James got finished at the gym (4:30ish). Needless to say, the beach plans fell through, thanks to a collaborative effort from everyone, though most of it by my poor planning. Ethan and I ended up with a new pair of boardshorts though... so not all was lost. Went home early to get some sleep to prep for Saturday.....
- Saturday was a rugby day. 7's rugby to be exact. And what a good day of rugby it was (minus the waking up at 5:45 to drive to San Diego part). Got to SD around 8 am and found out the tournament, Oasis 7's was running on rugby time, typical (for those of you who do not know what rugby time is, it's kinda sorta like Asian time... except possibly more unpredictable?). Anywho, found a deli that served AMAZING sandwiches (we went back twice more during our time at the tourney). Did well in the tournament especially considering we had one day of practice for it. Left Oasis 7's sunburnt and sore. Then headed towards Gaslamp district to enjoy a good night. Now, rather than describe what happened coherently, I'm going to go about it just naming significant details: Sailor Jerry. Lots of it. 2 a.m. burger. pizza box walking down the street. Went in a club and had shots of Honey Jack. Went out of club more drunk. Went into another club/bar. walked out. got lost looking for a 7/11. 3 guys one small bed. Something like that.... just a good good time.
|"Scissor me, Xerces."|
|The Godfather @ Chris' Deli|
|The Maritime @ Chris' Deli|
- Had breakfast at City Deli in Hillcrest, SD. Went home and just had a Lazy Sunday Funday.
Week 3 is gonna be good -Philly wedding and 4th of July baby!!!